IRTG Lecture - Dr. Mirko Vanetti
Title: Mitigating the risk of off-target effects when using CRISPR genome editing
• Part I –Introduction to the plasmid-free CRISPR/Cas9 RNP (ribonucleoprotein) workflow.
From the guide design to the analysis of editing events.
- Knocking out genes
- Knocking in new sequence information
• Part II – Increasing specificity of CRISPR
- Identifying and reducing off-target effects in CRISPR
- recent developments in CRISPR research, including a novel mutant Cas9 protein that has been evolved to reduce off-target gene editing while maintaing on-target potency
Room: Room N 02.017
BioMedical Center, Großhaderner Str. 9, Planegg-Martinsried
This lecture is part of the IRTG Lecture Series "State-of-the-art Research Methods in Immunology" and is open to all interested students, doctoral and postdoctoral researchers.